Healthcare Degree

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Someone Who Inspires Me...

When I was diagnosed with Stage 1A Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma Lung Cancer I felt completely lost, alone, and devistated. With the help of LUNGevity Foundation I reached out to my community of Maple Shade, NJ to spread the word about my diagnosis. I was both overwhelmed and relieved to have numerous people contacting me via email and phone after my story had been published in my local county newspapers. And I was most thankful to have to pleasure of "meeting" (via email) a really lovely mother whose daughter, Abby, was diagnosed with the exact same type of lung cancer as I had! If I can remember correctly, Abby was only 5 years old when she was diagnosed with lung cancer! She had a whole left lung removed, and she should be about 13 years old now. Abby lives on the West Coast, not exactly around the corner from me, and has become a large advocate for the disease through the Bonnie Addario Foundation. I am so happy to see her progress via the wonderful web, she is truly an inspiration to me.


To this day I have not meet another person that has had the same type of lung cancer as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know that you have been here, please leave a comment.