Healthcare Degree

Thursday, March 28, 2013

GUEST POST: Mesothelioma and Caregiving


The following guest blog was submitted by Joseph. If you'd like to have a guest post please refer to the following link 'Be A Guest Blogger' and e-mail me at LungCancerFundraiser@gmail.com

The role of caregiver is so important for mesothelioma patients. They need someone to give mesothelioma treatment, physical support and emotional support 24/7. They need to know that someone is there by their side during this difficult time. The mesothelioma life expectancy is very low, and it's imperative that someone is there to give them the best chance of survival. At the same time taking on this task is overwhelming, tiring and life-changing. Caregivers need to take care of themselves so they are strong enough to take care of their loved ones.

In addition to being there for them caregivers will perform all household chores. Washing dishes, washing clothes, ironing, cleaning, cooking and running errands are just a few of the many things caregivers will have to do by themselves. More household responsibility will become the caregivers' sole responsibility. Examples are finances, giving out medicine, taking over daily activities and scheduling appointments. Caregivers must be flexible. Changes in health and need will happen rapidly and you must be ready to handle it at any given moment. Patients deal with side effects of mesothelioma (such as tumor problems, respiratory problems, fluid backup and weight loss) and caregivers must help them through their side effects with mesothelioma treatment. They may assist in bathing and dressing their loved one. They may provide transportation and relaxation exercises. Depending on their condition and other factors there may be more or less responsibilities for caregivers.

This demanding support system and mesothelioma treatment can take a toll on the caregiver. Physical, mental and emotional energy is drained. The best solution is to provide self-care. It's not selfish to take care of yourself. You need to do it so you can be healthy enough to take care of them. You want their mesothelioma life expectancy to last well beyond the given time frame and it can't be done if you're not well. Take a busy day to recharge your batteries. Enjoy life, get some sleep, eat healthy and exercise. Having a mix of emotions ranging from sadness to frustration to resentment is natural. Having your own support system to get you through the rough patches is a must to keep you sane. Refusing to take care of yourself will cause you to become ill.

An alternative solution for caregiving is to have two or three people helping out the patient. Along with you one or two other people can help ease some of the burden of taking on all the responsibility. Give duties to each extra person so they'll know what their responsibilities are. It will be easier to take that much needed break; it gives the patient the best chance of beating the mesothelioma life expectancy odds without breaking you in the process.


 

2 comments:

  1. GOD has certainly lead me here this hour because before sharing this I prayed he lead me to site where my testimony will become blessing to people lives. I found out 4years ago that I was infected with HIV because I was engaged to a man that i knew I should have never had in my life. Like most of us here the HOLY SPIRIT was warning me but I decided to do what I wanted . He never came out to tell me he had it I just happened to go through some old stuff he left at my house and there some antiviral meds appeared . I got checked and was diagnosed. It instantly felt like agony!!! The enemy tempt me with suicide,depression and all kinds of unhealthy emotion. I was looking for love in all the wrong places and people. The enemy kept speaking to me that my life was over.. But one day I quickly with tears in my eyes prayed to GOD for healing. And GOD showed me a vision that my cure is in nature I woke up prayed over it, gradually I started having passion for herbs then gradually I started using for treatment. One evening I think early February this year after my evening prayer I was on a site on herbal remedies for STD and a page was telling possible cure for herpes, then on peoples comments I saw testimonies of people telling how same DR yakubu have successfully cured them of herpes and he cured all manner of STD including HIV. I copied his contact.. .... That same night in my dream I was in the doctor office and the doctor telling me there’s been a mistake THAT I’M FREE FROM ANY DISEASE in my body. I woke up the next morning and prayed over it then contacted DR YAKUBU who immediately responded to me he talked to me and assured me of permanent cure if I finish taking certain quantity of his meds of which I ordered for immediately and started use. Within few weeks of use I noticed total relieved in my body system then went for a test and was confirmed negative and another test and the result was same. Glory be to GOD who cured me as he promised. God is real and he still saves humans through fellow humans. Reach DR YAKUBU through his e-mail;dryakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All thanks to Dr. Ojie the great herbal healer for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of herpes since 2017 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the herpes out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for herpes i saw a comment about Dr.Ojie ,how he cured herpes with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and miraculously i was cured from herpes , thank you dr Ojie you can also contact him on doctorojie1@yahoo.com call/whatsApp +2349015357322 . Doctor Ojie can cure the following diseases :: COPD, asthma, Acute angle-closure Glaucoma, Diabetes, CHRONIC PANCREATITIS Kidney failure ,Herpes1/2, CANCER, ALS, Hepatitis A/B, chronic pancreatitis, Emphysema, fibroids.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you have been here, please leave a comment.